I’ve now been 50 for almost 4 months and I’m fitter than I’ve been for years!
Let’s not pretend that this is an easy thing for many people to achieve; I’m currently in the enviable position of being able to fit in lots of exercise as and when I choose. Even if I was busier with work I would still be able to fit exercise around what would, largely, be my own working timetable.
However with the luxury of time that I’m currently enjoying I am taking the opportunity to engage in all sorts of different exercise, such as:-
- Weekly netball (Back to Netball at Fareham Leisure Centre – I’m also thinking of going along to Fareham College on a Tuesday)
- Twice weekly Sh’bam classes at Fareham Leisure Centre (with Jo Gentles – fitness instructor with masses of personality!)
- Bodybalance (a mix of yoga, pilates and tai-chi – the hardest class for me as I’m so inflexible..)
- LBT once or twice a week
- Interval training on the treadmill in the gym
- Individual toning workouts in the gym
- General walking
- Fitbit challenges to encourage me to keep walking!
I started back at the gym back in November when I concentrated on a training plan (there are dozens available on the EveryoneActive app – free with membership) in the gym. I also discovered that there was a back to netball session Continue reading “Getting fit at 50”